This historic conference, sponsored by the United National Antiwar Coalition (UNAC), brings together antiwar and social justice activists to challenge U.S. imperial wars abroad and poverty, racism and repression here at home.
It’s time for a massive, united and independent response!
STOP THE WARS AT HOME & ABROAD
Friday, May 8 – Sunday, May 10
Empire Meadows (Clarion) Hotel, Secaucus, NJ (30 min. from NYC)
- Palestinians & Black Lives Matter activists expose U.S.-sponsored systemic racism and state violence in the Middle East and Ferguson.
- The Cuban Five, free at last, greet us by Skype directly from Cuba.
- Current & former political prisoners and their defenders speak out — Lynne Stewart, Mumia Abu-Jamal, Kathy Kelly, Ed Kinane, Aafia Siddiqui, Muslim pre-emptive prisoners, Project SALAM.
- A Tribunal denouncing U.S. criminal acts and the militarization of the police — Hear testimony from family members of victims of police killings, a teacher suspended for allowing students to write to Mumia, Ferguson leaders, victims of attacks on Muslims, and more.
- Hear presenters covering countries where the U.S. wages its endless wars – Ukraine, Honduras, Bolivia, Philippines, Palestine, Syria, Haiti, Iran, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Congo, Venezuela, Yemen, Mali, Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Somalia…..
- Five panels, 30 workshops, cultural performances, and action resolutions.
Go to the conference website – www.UNACconference2015.org – to register and to see more details. Share/find rides & housing/ask questions on the UNAC Conference Exchange Board. Please give an additional donation to help subsidize young activists attending the conference.