Massachusetts progressive folks,
This coming Monday the Massachusetts legal community will stand against Trump.
There are two events, one in Boston and one in Springfield, being organized by the Massachusetts Chapter of the National Lawyers Guild, Black and Pink, GLBTQ Legal Advocates & Defenders, and others.
Although these rallies are focused on the legal community, all allies are, of course, welcome.
We are lawyers, paralegals, law students, legal workers, court interpreters, investigators, social service advocates, and others who labor in the courts, who wish to express our solidarity with the growing movements against the Trump regime and its dangerous agenda. We recognize that these movements didn’t begin on January 20th, and we still have a long way to go. We stand in support of our hard won constitutional protections, for human rights, the rule of law, and the survival of our planet. We stand in solidarity with frontline communities, and those of our brothers and sisters who so far have been Trump’s primary targets – women, immigrants, Muslims and LGBTQ+ people. When we stand together, we are stronger. When we fight, we win.
Speakers in Boston will include
- Cambridge City Councilor Nadeem Mazen
- Attorney Barbara J. Dougan, Civil Rights Director for the Council on
- American-Islamic Relations – Massachusetts
- Rev. Jason Lydon from Black & Pink
- Janson Wu Executive Director of GLBTQ Legal Advocates & Defenders
- Professor Ragini N. Shah of Suffolk University Law School
- Attorney Janson Wu, Executive Director of GLBTQ Legal Advocates & Defenders
- Kazi Toure of Jericho Boston
- Karen “Rudy” Renaud, Organizing Director of SEIU Local 888
- Kade Crockford, Director of theTechnology for Liberty Program at the ACLU of Massachusetts
WHAT: Legal Community Rally in Support of the Resistance
WHEN: Monday, 02/06/17 1:00pm
WHERE: 2 locations
1 Pemberton Sq
(btwn Park St T & Govt Center T)
64 State Street
(btwn Juvenile Court & the Hall of Justice)